Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OSU buckeye grass seed

Posted by thecook 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 8:12

A few years ago my son was able to get a small piece of sod from the OSU football field after a win against Michigan. (Buckeye fans will understand) It has grown into a 12 inch circle, taking prime flowerbed space. This year he has let it go to seed with hopes of planting a larger area. I can't seem to decide when the seed is ready. Will it turn brown? This has become an obession with him and I could use any help I can get. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OSU buckeye grass seed

I have a hunk of grass from that very same game. They were tearing out the old field to begin renovation of the stadium. Isn't that a riot? I have mine potted up in an oval planter in the backyard. Seems to me the seeds are ready when they begin to loosen from the stalk. When Ma nature says it's time to plant, she will let you know. Mine are starting to seed right now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here