Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
(I)Hesperis(/I) Sweet Rocket

Posted by luv2gro z3a AB (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 05 at 18:41

Does anyone know where to find the seeds for this? I am pretty new to seed collecting, although I have saved some "easy" ones like marigold, dandelions (joking), sweet peas, etc. I'm not sure where to find these. Some of my hesperis has started to lose its blossom and I would like to get the seed.

Thanks for any help

Shauna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: (I)Hesperis(/I) Sweet Rocket

They send out long pods with seeds that fall out when the pods crack. They are long and slim.

I would take extra care to be sure that hesperis is not considered an invasive in your or neighboring areas.

o

Oh, Oh! It's not on the "official" list but it certainly is on the "watch out for" list. Thanks for the heads up. Guess these seedpods don't need to form.

Thanks again
Shauna

o

Shauna, I don't find them invasive at all here in my garden, they do self-seed but they are very easy to pluck out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Images of Seedpods

o

The empty lot next to ours gets full of sweet rocket in the spring/summer. They are so beautiful and smell wonderful. Definitely one 'weed' I do not mind looking at and smelling. Now they have graded the lot so they can build. I sure am going to miss those 'weeds!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here