Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeds from lantana

Posted by paulan70 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 07 at 21:03

I was just wondering can anyone tell me what the seeds from the lantana looks like and where they can be found. Thanks so much.

Paula

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeds from lantana

Here's a link to a photo that may help. The black ones are ripe for picking.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lantana seed

o

Is the whole berry the seed, or is the seed inside the berry? Thanks!

o

From what I gather plus looking at my lantana is that the "berry" will have green dots on it that will turn black when ripe. Not the "berry" it self. And the berry is where the flower was.

Paula

o

I have never tried to grow Lantana from seed but will collect some now that i know what they look like. I found my lantana came up in several places volunteerly this year. I am potting some of the plants up. I will try to post a picture of mine here. Click to view

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

o

I love your Lantana, it is huge..
Susanne(SUE)

How long did it take to grow that high??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here