Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wild Flower mix

Posted by kek19 5b-Michigan (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 07 at 21:05

If you were going to collect your own wild flower seed mix, what would you want in it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wild Flower mix

I'd want Queene Anne's Lace, Mullin, Poke Weed, Pig weed, Golden Rod, Bitter Weed, Day Lillies, Pink Butter Cup, Spider Wort just to name a few. I guess your choice would depend on what grows in the area where you live.

o

• Posted by kek19 5b-Michigan (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 19, 07 at 10:09

Well my idea is...I'm going thru a large "weed" patch and plan on collecting seeds from some of the natives, mostly to increase butterfly host plants, and am going to replant them in our useless 15' x 200' stretch of land accross the road. But i might save extra's in case anyone else would want it. So far, QAL, Mullien, and Golden Rod have been identified in my mess, and am planning on collecting those seeds. Also common milk weed, the tiny tall daisies and a few others. Personally, I have a lot of Purple Vetch Vine in my yard, I think it looks gorgeous growing amongst the weed patch, so I plan on adding that to the patch accross the road (it hasnt crossed on its own yet) But its considered extremely invasive, so I doubt I'd add the seed to a general wild flower mix, maybe just keep it seperate.

I was also thinking of adding some purple coneflower, salvia, and spider wort from my garden, just to add more color.

o

Poke Weed for sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: Criação de sites

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here