Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funny seed gathering story

Posted by kimmers z4 WI/USA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 8:48

I'm a newbie. I've read up on how to save seed, so yesterday I gathered my lupine pods. (I waited until some had split for self-seeding.) The irrigation system had gone off and the seed pods were soaked so I laid them out on a brown grocery bag to dry in the sun. (I weighted the bag with rocks to keep it from blowing away.) Sounds good so far, right?

WELL!! I came home from errands a few hours later only to discover ... SEEDS all over the driveway!!! The pods had dried alright but they split, sprung seeds far and wide. So picture me sweeping the drive then picking up stray seeds here and there like under my daughgter's car. LOL As I sat there on the drive 'shelling' the dry pods a few more 'exploded' again. Lesson learned. LOL

Kimmers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funny seed gathering story

Great story!
Sounds just like the things I've been doing!

Haziemoon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here