Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wowie! Yellow Flame Zinnia

Posted by deafblossom z7AR (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 12:02

This year I grow Wowie Yellow Flame Zinna. I loved it very much. I am not sure if it is hybrid? I would love to harvest those seeds to save for next year planting. I wanted to know more about it. Thank you, Kat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wowie! Yellow Flame Zinnia

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 16:05

Hi Kat,
It is a hybrid. I looked it up and saw F1 which is the same as saying hybrid. You must buy the plants or seeds every year if you want exactly the same zinnia . If you harvest the seeds, you will have seedling variation. If you have room, you could do a grow out of many seedlings and look for seedlings which appear the same removing the others. (Hopefully you get some that are similar.) If you do this for a few years, you will have a stable OP version of your zinnia.
Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Zowie! Yellow Flame Zinnia

o

Remy~

Thank you for a good information about Wowie! Yeah.. I knew it is hybrid! I wish it is not hybrid then.. It is much prettier than catalog or magazine. It shows in different colors. It is hard to explain you! I really enjoy it very much.. Kat

o

Actually, the correct name is Zowie Yellow Flame, not Wowie.

o

AW.. Thank you for correct the name. It looks like "WOWIE"! ha It is soo huge bloom and neat in different colors! Have a good day.. Kat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here