Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianacazadora

Cerinthe Pride of Gibraltar Seeds

dianacazadora
18 years ago

Hello! I have these huge Cerinthes growing and making seeds... They are big and dark brown... but they are still attached to the plant. I would like to know if someone know how much I have to wait to harvest them...or if I can take and dry them inside. I don't want them to reproduce because they grow bigger than I though... They are so happy in my garden!!

Thank you so much for your help!

Diana

Comments (3)

• bakemom_gw
    18 years ago

Don't you just love them? I harvest the seeds when they fall away easily from the plant. That usually happens once they become black. They look like baby elephant teeth don't they? They probably aren't as large here in Columbus, Ohio. It's a nice cottage garden plant.

Look at it this way: when the plant says they are loose and ready to go, they probably are.

• dianacazadora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you for the advice... My plants are growing like crazy... I think if I let them... they could become trees! Do you know if they attract beneficial insects? Or hummers?
    Thank you again!
    Diana

• bakemom_gw
    18 years ago

I know my bumbles just love them and there are always bees and butterflies hanging around them. Enjoy your cool plant.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions