Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf Monarda Bee Balm

Posted by peaches20 6 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 13:27

I have two dwarf bee balms. I just picked some dead flowers and don't see any seed. I've had these plants for about 2 years now and they haven't spread at all. Bought 3 and lost 1. Is there seed? or are the clutivators?

Thanks,

Peaches

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf Monarda Bee Balm

Peaches,
I discovered this plant in Upper Michigan. The Home Depot store in Marquette carried this plant. From what I have learned on my own it is a biannual plant. It does have seed, they are in the purple flower after it dries out, very small seeds. They reseed themselves. So to me, it's very much a perenial. I take the flower heads once dried and sprinkle them in the same area. I love the fragrance and use the flower an extract the oils from the leaves for my home made soap. I now live in Central Oregon and have been trying to grow plants from seed. As none of the area lawn and gardens carry this plant, only the original bee balm that's 36 to 48 inches tall. Not the same to me. If I am successful at growing I would be more than happy to mail you some seed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here