Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which types of fruit seeds can you save and grow?

Posted by dlingy PA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 12, 06 at 18:06

out of all the different types of fruit seeds which kind did you germinate?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which types of fruit seeds can you save and grow?

Hi i have sucessfully grown a lime tree from a lime seed bought at walmart. LOL all you need to do is get some seeds and soak them for a week or so, changing the water dayly. then plant them and in couple of weeks you should see em come up! Hope that helps ya.
whisst

o

We had a great peach tree planted by squirrels from pits we put around trees as mulch. The peaches were very large and tasty. My mom planted the peach trees around my current house from pits also. We have had many pear trees and apple trees start from seeds. Supposedly the pear trees will be worthwhile, but with apples you could get almost anything and it may not be worth eating, they have too many diverse relatives.

In Florida my sister started a lot of citrus trees from seeds, oranges, kumquat, grapefruit, ponderosa lemon, etc. One turned out to be a sour orange but the rest are great.

Marcia

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here