Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
collecting seeds from the Malva Zebrina

Posted by charinky ky. (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 6, 05 at 18:12

Hi,
Can anyone explain to me where the seed is for the Malva Zebrina? Or direct me to a site that would show the photo for the seed?
Thanks
Char

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: collecting seeds from the Malva Zebrina

The link shows what they look like. The seeds are connected in a ring shape. You may have to rub the seeds between your fingers to separate them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Pictures

o

When the flower dies off, there will be a seed pod that forms where the flower was. Dont pick it off until it turns brown. The seeds will be in a ring around the center of the--I believe its called--calyx.

o

I grew this plant from seed and it is very weedy. Pulled them all out. The original plant was very nice.

o

The seed pod is like a miniature hollyhock pod...

o

Can someone tell me if this is a Malva Zebrina coming up? I threw a bunch of old seed in this one spot and this is the only thing coming up! I had tons of the Malva Zebrina seeds, could this possibly be them? I might have thrown some other old seed in there too... I just couldn't remember what all I threw in there! :)
Rita

o

Ritakk, it looks like Nasturtium.

o

I'd give that sprout some more time and water. It does have a nasturtium look about it, but it's not unlike the Malva sprouts.

Martha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here