Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rudbeckia goldsturm seeds

Posted by sommerl OK7a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 19:33

Does anyone know a reputable company that sells rudbeckia goldsturm seeds? This is the first year that I've had the black-eyed susan in my garden and I love them. I bought them in gallon pots, but would like to grow them from seed and sow them this fall.
Thank you in advance!

Lee Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rudbeckia goldsturm seeds

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 19:19

Lee Ann,
No need to buy them if you are growing them! You can harvest your own seeds this fall and winter sow them.
Plus the ones you bought will most likely become much larger clumps by spring. I am always pulling out excess of mine. You can divide them and plant them other spots too.
Remy

o
RE: rudbeckia goldsturm seeds

Remy,
Thanks for your reply. I have thought of harvesting my rudbeckia seeds. I've been reading up on winter sowing, and I think I'd like to give it a try. Do you know the best way to harvest them?

Lee Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here