Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pearlgirl_gw

rain tree seeds

pearlgirl
19 years ago

Four years ago I planted two golden rain trees. They're blooming beautifully and there are many, many pods with three little seeds. I noticed seedlings that had germinated, so, I decided to collect the seeds...no problem.

If anyone is interested in trading for something different, do let me know. I'm looking for rooted var porcelain vine, mandevilla, dutchman's pipe seeds, etc.

Comments (10)

• rowan57
    19 years ago

Hi id like to trade for them, see my member page for ideas.
    Rowan

• pearlgirl
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Rowan, send your address and I'll gladly mail some seeds to you. I'd like to have some of the blue clematis (2 trades)
    E-mail me so that I can give you my address.

Margaret

• rowan57
    19 years ago

Cant find your email address, email me, rowan.godfrey@gmail.com, sorry for not replying before.

• vickie704
    19 years ago

Pearlgirl I have a question about your golden rain trees. Did you start yours from seed? How long before they bloomed? I've read other posts that said even out of 50 seeds it is only slightly possible that one would bloom yellow because yellow is a recesive gene and most revert to green blooms. Have you had that experience? I'm considering buying some seed from ebay but really hate to spend all the time and effort babying seedlings that would turn out green blooms.

• dreamweaver_
    19 years ago

I have Golden Rain Trees & have saved seedlings for years, have never had any revert to green blooms.
    I've nver heard of it reverting to green blooms before so checked the comments at Dave's Garden, nothing there about it either.
    Good luck

• RandyHseSprings
    18 years ago

I recently visited a friend and she gave me Golden Rain Tree pods that I carefully collected all the seeds from. I can't get them to germinate. What's the trick? (I'm new to this)

• dreamweaver_
    18 years ago

I can't imagine why they didn't germinate. My trees drop seeds & they come up everywhere, even in the gutters!
    I had raked some leaves & put in a trash can & it's full of little Golden Rain Trees.
    I've never mailed plants before but if you'd tell me how & send me a box & postage I'd be happy to send you some little trees.
    If you lived nearby I'd be happy to give you some large ones I have in pots, have one taller than I am.

• NewGardenerinNC
    18 years ago

Can anyone send me some raintree seeds.I have been looking for them and cannot find any.....please email me

Thank you so much

• pearlgirl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

My seeds came up volunteer from my original trees...I have a couple that are three feet in just two years...I plan to pot them up, give away most of them and perhaps, sell a few.
    Margaret.....glad to share

• Dungeondweller
    18 years ago

If I gather the seeds now, when should they go into the soil? Do they need any cold stratification before they will germinate? Can I plant them directly outside in the location where I want them to grow this fall, or should I wait for Spring to plant them? Should they be started indoors in pots and then transplanted? Sorry. I'm always full of questions...or something.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions