Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
million bells and bacopa

Posted by butter_fly 4b-5a (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 17, 06 at 3:21

I love the million bells and bacopa but can these be grown form seed and where are the seeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: million bells and bacopa

I just tried to root the bacopa from cuttings and they took...first time...I took cuttings about 6 inches long, stripped about the last 3 inches off and put the stems in water (tuperware container). I changed the water about every three days, and after a while little black hairs were on the stems....I didn't know if they were left over shredded leaves from when I stripped the stems, but figured it must be roots, so I planted them in a pot of starter soil...they never wilted and seem to be doing fine. I have a second batch in water...will see how they do. You should try it to see if it works for you.

o

Thanks, I will am to trying this but so far I have not seen anything. Know anything about the million bells

o

Callibrachoa (Million Bells) root easily also.

George

o

In all my years of growing Million Bells, I had never seen seeds on them until this year. But, evidently they only produce seed in spring and early summer because I haven't seen any more since it got real hot. ???????

Olelady/Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here