Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zenpotter

Origami envelope

zenpotter
18 years ago

I found a origami envelope that I plan on using for seed collection. I used a

6 inch square of wax paper and got an envelope 2 1/8" x 3 1/2". It will be a great project for me to do when watching TV. I have to be doing something with my hands so why not make envelopes.

Pauline

P. S. This is my first try at collecing seeds. Does anyone see any problems with this envelope?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://gilliancards.com/origamienvelope.htm

Comments (15)

• little_dani
    18 years ago

This is great! I make waxed paper envelopes for tiny seeds like poppy, petunia, snapdragons because the seeds don't stick to the waxed paper. I put the waxed paper envelopes in coin envelopes for safe keeping, as they are sturdier and I can write on them. This is a much simpler envelope than I have been using tho. Thanks.

Janie

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Janie, you are welcome. I experimented and you can write on them with either a dark drawing pencil or a permanent marker. I used a Sharpie and just made sure it was dry before I touched it.

Pauline

• triple_b
    18 years ago

That is SOOO neat! Thanks!

• dkotchey
    18 years ago

This is awesome! This is my first time saving seeds too and I've been trying to think of what to use for envelopes. Thanks!

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am glad that two more people like the envelope as much as I do.

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

A great little envie. I found a similar version where you simply add a little diamond thingy in the front:

Take one of the sides that you folded last, and fold it back horizontally to the side. Then open that part up, flatten it out, and you have a little diamond-shape, in which to tuck the top flap.

I'm going to secure the open front with a little tape. But I like it! Thanks!

• jim_6b
    17 years ago

I received about eight packs of seed Saturday and the person who sent them had made the seed packs using pictures from seed catalogs. They were all different sizes and shapes.
    Jim

• geoforce
    17 years ago

Probably the same as mmqchdygg described.

George

Here is a link that might be useful: Envelope

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

geoforce, that is the same one I posted above and it works very well. I ended up printing labels for mine last year.

• jim_6b
    17 years ago

Go to the top of this page and do a search on "Printable Seed Packets".

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here is the result from the search jim 6b recommended.

Here is a link that might be useful: search results

• cathys1951
    17 years ago

That is just to cute. Will be making lots of these. Have Wrapping paper that Ive been trying to find a project for...Now I have it.
    thanks Cathy

• grandmascuttings
    16 years ago

hello, i make these too, i dont use steps 3 through 7 though and they work, same concept. but i did borrow the address so i could explain to other how to make them. thanks. chris

• medontdo
    16 years ago

way cool!! i was trying to remember from school- too many years- how to do some of these things, i kept getting them in the mail, and i finally found something to do with the wrapping paper that we got from hallmark for my daughters headstart, they always brought it. so this is way awesome!!!

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am glad you like it. I keep paper cut to size in a large envelope with the instructions on the outside right by my T.V. watching chair. That way I can sit and make them while I watch the tube.