Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hank2230

Perennial Hibiscus seeds

hank2230
14 years ago

How do I gather and save these seeds. Do I cut off the nodules where the blossom were. The "pods" open on the stems but I never can find any seeds on the ground. I have recently tied paper bags around the nodule in hopes of catching them. I have also taken the nodules from the branches and opened them but there are only small round white seeds inside. I read the seeds should be black. Any advice. Thank you.

Comments (3)

• ramazz
    14 years ago

The pods need to be brown and the seeds will be black when they are ripe. The pod will pop open at the top when the seeds are ready to fall, but you can collect the unopened pod if it has turned completely brown - the pods on mine are so dark they are almost black.

Becky

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

I've also found that on some of the early pods, there are no good seeds inside. This often happens with a plants first blooms. So that could be what has happened to you. The ones developing now are probably filled with good seed and you will find them in the soon to be ripe pods.
    Remy

• aquawise
    14 years ago

The seeds I have look like fuzzy B Bs and about the same size. I collected them from plants at our local town hall. The seeds are deep inside the pods.

Sponsored
More Discussions