Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cigar Plant (Cuphea Platycentra) -Anemone

Posted by daisydo 6 TN (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 15, 06 at 13:02

Need help finding the seeds. I've looked the plant over and can't come up with any possibilites with the cigar plant.
The anemone has what looks like a seed pod left after the blooms fall off. Any help would be appreciated.
Daisydo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cigar Plant (Cuphea Platycentra) -Anemone

On the cuphea the flower will split open in the back, near where it is attached to the plant, the stamen with seeds on it will poke out of the split. When the seeds start to turn brown they are ready to pick. I take a small dish hold it under the flower and snip off the whole thing as the seeds fall off very easy.

o
RE: Cigar Plant (Cuphea Platycentra) -Anemone

Anemones don't have pods per se. They are actually just seed heads with the seeds clustered in a ball (many species' seeds have tails, so it may look "hairy").

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here