Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhodochiton

Posted by drippy z6 MA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 25, 05 at 20:04

I need help saving rhodochiton seeds! I let the flowers get good and dry, and there's a nubby thing where the flower meets the stem that should have seeds, but - nada! just chaff.

Has anyone ever saved these? It's a lovely flower and I'd love to know what the seeds look like - haven't found any pictures yet on the 'net.

Thanks in advance,

Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhodochiton

Hi Kim,

See if this helps

Ann

Here is a link that might be useful: seeds

o

Thanks so much, peatmoss! My favorite seed id site didn't have rhodochiton - now at least I know what to look for. Unfortunately, the stuff I plucked had nothing that looked like that. Guess I'll have to wait for more flowers to dry up.

o

I was afraid of that, Kim; that you'd find out what the seeds look like but nothing there resembling them. I enjoy hunting down these seeds for others even if I don't have the plants - heck a lot of them I've never even heard of :) I'm new to seed snatchi...oops, I mean seed gathering so each time I hunt through the internet, it gets ingrained a little deeper into my head. Also, I'm determined to find more sites with pictures of seeds. There are only 3 that I can find and believe me, I've looked.

Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here