Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nettasaura

Initiated by the 'Touch Me Nots'

nettasaura
17 years ago

So I was out checking for seed pods today when what do I spy but a beautiful rounded little football right by my foot. My very first impatiens seed pod ever. Okay move carefully and don't touch it. Run into the house and start ransacking the kitchen. "Need something to catch the seeds cause it's 'spose to explode"...searching, searching, searching..."Aha, one cup Gladware Container with a lid!". Go back outside and pump myself up.."I can do this and I'm not gonna get stung"....place the cup part under and around the seed pod....place the lid over the top BANG!!!..."Ouch, Ouch, Ouch"....didn't have the lid all the way over the container before it touched the pod. HOLY COW! Nobody was kidding when they said these little suckers explode. Looking...."Ooohhh, another one"....same procedure but make sure the pod is hanging in the empty space inside the container...place the lid until it is on the container and sandwiching the stem the seed pod is on...then slowly pull the container and lid toward the seed pod BANG!!!...but I got every last single seed that time. Needless to say..I've been initiated into the "Touch Me Not Club".

Netta

Comments (6)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company
More Discussions