Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mje769

Tell the truth!!

mje769
18 years ago

I went out late tonight, with a flash light and collected some seeds. Go ahead, tell the truth! How many of you do this?

I am addicted!! LOL.

Marsha

Comments (9)

• elvis
    18 years ago

Never in the dark, but I've done it in the rain :0

• alison
    18 years ago

I did it the other evening when I needed some more penstemon to make up a package. And I was in my pj's! (Luckily, it was in my own backyard, but my neighbor and his buddy were just coming back from the bars as I was walking back into the apartment.)

• ankraras
    18 years ago

Could be a bit impatient on my part I guess, could not wait until dark.LOL. Any way, I have a couple of minpins as fearful competitors. They always beat me to the ripe tomatoes.

Ankrara's Hobby Corner

• webkat5
    18 years ago

Been there, done that!
    But hey...if you don't get a chance to do it during the day and you KNOW that they will have fallen off by the time you get to them the next day....what CHOICE do we have??!! LOL!

• bears15ne
    18 years ago

Especially if I know its going to freeze the next day...
    I'll collect all night if thats what it takes.

The neighbors are use to me out in jammies,
    they haven't called in the guys in white suits "yet", to haul me off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Traders

• mje769
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am sooo glad I am not the only one out there in the dark! I almost didn't post this question cause I felt like I was a little on the crazy side!!! LOL!!!

• Robin282
    18 years ago

I love it when people do the same "stuff" I do! I think we have all felt like oddballs at one time or another. The internet has allowed us to find each other out!

This month it rained here (MA) for 9 days or more, and after a week, I went out in the rain collecting--I just couldn't take waiting any longer!

I also had a flood light installed at my former residence so that I could garden at night. This home came with one!I don't do it that often, but I garden any time I need that peace.

It rained several inches here one day in September, and my little girl ran out from the flooded part of the yard saying the worms were floating and we had to save them! So, we were out there as the sun went down, and kept on with flash lights and moved about 4000 worms to various garden bedds in the yard. I guess she qualifies as one of us now!

Great to hear the stories!
    Thanks, I needed that.
    Robin

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

I use a trouble light =) DH was so thoughtful in hooking up electricity to the shed... and he thought it was for him!

• taterbug
    18 years ago

Ha! I thought you were going into the neighbors yard with a flashlight looking for seeds!!! Of course we all go out at night to "garden". It is so wonderful. In the summer I have stayed out past midnight "playing" many times. Of course, the Texas heat makes the night much more inviting!

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH
More Discussions