Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saving Toad Lily (Tricyrtis) seed

Posted by northerner_on Z5A ONCanada (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 26, 11 at 4:26

I have spent the last hour scouring this site and the internet for instructions to collect these seed and there are several posts but none seem to have been completed with concrete information. I have a couple of clumps now in full bloom for more than a month. I have not dead headed and I can see no evidence of seed pods or heads or anything brown. Can anyone post pics. of what the seed pods look like and directions for collecting the seeds, or direct me to a source for this information? There is nothing on the seed site either. Thank you.
Northerner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saving Toad Lily (Tricyrtis) seed

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 30, 11 at 12:14

Here is a pic of Tricyrtis seed pods that are ripe and ready to harvest. -The seeds are easy to shake out of the seed pods once they start to split open.

o
RE: Saving Toad Lily (Tricyrtis) seed

Susan, thank you so much for this iformation and the pic. I was hoping to get a response earlier, before we had our first hard frost just last week. My plants were loaded with blooms this year, so I'll still have a look in case they're any still there. Strangely enough, I don't remember ever seeing anything like that, but they are at the back of our yard, under an apple tree and there isn't usually very much going on there in the fall when they bloom. I'll be sure to save the pic. for next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here