Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vinca seeds

Posted by debc z7 LI, NY (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 7:15

Does anyone know what a vinca seed pod looks like? I grew wonderful mediterranean vincas this year from seeds I purchased through Park's, and would love to collect the seeds. In the past I have always found a few volunteers sprouting halfway through the summer months, where I know I planted vinca the previous year. I don't see any on my plants this year. Maybe it's too early. Any info would be helpful, especially photos! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vinca seeds

The pods are on the stems, a little lower than the flowers. They are about 1" "rod" looking things. Wait until they are kind of yellow in color or until you can see the seeds inside the pod to pull. Hope that helps. It took me a long time to find them at first, also. taterbug

o
RE: vinca seeds

They look like a short Cleome spinosa seedpod.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here