Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teacherashley_gw

Seeds Needed for School Project

teacherashley
15 years ago

Hello, I am a newbie to seed saving and wintersowing, but have been reading a lot on the sowing and seed forums for the past few months. My math class will be doing a wintersowing project this year, and I desperately need lots of different kinds of seeds. Perennials, annuals and some tomato seeds would be greatly appreciated. I will be having the children measuring, cutting and taping to make the containers and measuring to fill them with 4" of soil. As the containers sprout, we will figure the percentages of seeds sprouting compared to the number of seeds planted. This should be lots of fun, plus a back to nature trip for city children - and plants for everyone. The school has an enclosed area just outside my classroom windows to keep and watch our containers, as well as a garden area for planting that was used years ago for school project gardens. There will be about 20 seventh graders involved in the project. My thanks in advance for anyone willing to share their seeds. Please check MY PAGE for my email address and email me concerning any donations!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz
More Discussions