Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeds Needed for School Project

Posted by teacherashley 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 8, 08 at 12:23

Hello, I am a newbie to seed saving and wintersowing, but have been reading a lot on the sowing and seed forums for the past few months. My math class will be doing a wintersowing project this year, and I desperately need lots of different kinds of seeds. Perennials, annuals and some tomato seeds would be greatly appreciated. I will be having the children measuring, cutting and taping to make the containers and measuring to fill them with 4" of soil. As the containers sprout, we will figure the percentages of seeds sprouting compared to the number of seeds planted. This should be lots of fun, plus a back to nature trip for city children - and plants for everyone. The school has an enclosed area just outside my classroom windows to keep and watch our containers, as well as a garden area for planting that was used years ago for school project gardens. There will be about 20 seventh graders involved in the project. My thanks in advance for anyone willing to share their seeds. Please check MY PAGE for my email address and email me concerning any donations!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeds Needed for School Project

Welcome to Garden Web and The Seed Saving Forum.

I'd suggest you checking out the Seed Exchange Forum. Look for posts that say SASE, or SASBE or NEWBIE. Those will be posts where members who have an abundance of extra seeds are generously offering them up for a bubble envelope and postage.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here