Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clematis seed

Posted by soinspired IN (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 13, 08 at 13:16

I've been searching for how to collect seed from the clematis. I have found a few descriptions to collect it from the feathery pod but mine don't appear to have seeds. I'm assuming they are not dry enough, etc. And, that there are
several seeds inside this feathery pod? Thank you for you time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clematis seed

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 13, 08 at 20:04

Hi,
They don't have feather pods. They have seeds with feather tails cluster together.
Here's a pic for you.
Clematis Seed
Hopefully you can see that the seed head has fertile seed to the left and infertile to the right. The infertile never develops a larger head attached to the tail.
The Sweet Autumns are from a trade where the trader had already clipped the tails.
Remy

o
RE: Clematis seed

Thanks Remy! I really appreciate your time. This is perfect. I had also found the forum on Clematis and posted the question there too and received another excellent reply. I just love this forum and all the information everyone is willing to share.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here