Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (7)

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    11 years ago

Is there a lot of redundancy here with Growing from Seed? Would merging the two improve both?

I don't know. Just asking.

• Brad Edwards
    11 years ago

There does tend to be some redundancy within the site, mainly new questions that tend to repeat themselves. Check out reefcentral for some good ideas.

Personally I really like the white background, it makes load times faster for those on older PC's "Not me" but is extremely important for some of the older computer users.
    Glad you got the photo upload fixed, that will make things much easier.

Maybe having a garden of the month, vegteable garden of the month, and an expert chime in monthly would be a nice addition with some morning coffee :).

Also some calculators like estimated fertilizer to use, which recommended fertilizers, or how much X to raise or lower PH would be a cool addition.

You could use more sponsor pages and have a page listing their links as many would like to know where to find quality gardening equipment, pots, and plants. I love the home site as well, tons of useful info. I hope this helps some as I have done some website work.

Thank you for a great site, tons of useful info, and being open to outside input.

• Brad Edwards
    11 years ago

I would also really love to see a hobbiest trade and then a seller page where I could list things periodically that I may have or have a trade going. Like this year I had a ton of magnolia and date palm seed for trade. To me this would help the hobby out a ton, I wouldn't be surprised if there were people in the area wanting to do the same nationwide.

• Brad Edwards
    11 years ago

I guess I should have said implemented easier on a main user page, where I could list what I have and be contacted. The forums seem to be hard to get to at times. Maybe if more people had a place to list what they have growing, what the have for trading, and what they have for selling? I have wanted to get in contact with some members, especially on garden design, and have had a hard time. It would be nice to have a very small inbox or something along those lines.

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

• woff4
    11 years ago

would be nice to have a picture libary for thos to look at seed or plant thay dont know what it is and match it on your web site now im not talking all the plants in world just ones most ppl use in there gardens every year im new to this site just join today gl and god bless

• Brad Edwards
    11 years ago

I have to agree with woff4, I wonder if you could find a way to link garden web into daves gardens?

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company
More Discussions