Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
autumn joy sedum

Posted by proudgm_03 6 MO (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 07 at 3:21

Anyone have any pictures of the seed? What exactly am I looking for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: autumn joy sedum

I've never saved any myself, but did receive in some 'commercial' sedum 'mix' in a trade. The seeds were dark, and almost dust like. I'd imagine if you saved any seed, it would be among a great deal of chaff...no problem really so long as the receiving trader knew ahead of time what to expect.

Of course if you are't trading, there would be no concern.

I've had a couple of sedum reseed a couple of babies...so cute.

Sue

o

It will be interesting to see what grows, as Autumn Joy is a hybrid and may not come true to seed, You will get a sedum of some variety, It may be one of the 2 parent plants. Or you may indeed get Autumn Joy, Its a flip of the coin.

o
RE: autumn joy sedum Parent plants

here, I found the parents,
Quote: This perennial was created in 1955 by crossing Sedum spectabile with Sedum telephium.

Both of these are also quite pretty, So whatever you get, Im sure you will be happy.

o

I had a trader just send me heads. I was thinking I could just sprinkle into the soil and something would hopefully grow. This was Black and matrona sedum heads. Any thoughts also on these. Barb

o

You folks are interested in Sedum 'Autumn Joy'?
I have several clumps to divide in spring. Wanna get some for postage? They are flopping now because I didn't get around to divide them this spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here