Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cghpnd

these seeds are all over the patio

cghpnd
10 years ago

What are these seeds? I believe they came from some vine....

Comments (4)

• kitteh
    10 years ago

They look kinda like morning glory.

• heavenlyfarm
    10 years ago

I second that. First thing I thought of when I looked at them and it does look like their seed pod!! Do you have any morning glories around your house or porch? I have them everywhere now, after one year of planting "star of yelta"....now I dread those seed pods lol
    ~Michael

• cghpnd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much! I planted morning glories earlier this year but the plant tag disappeared so i was lost of what it was. I also did cypress vine and milkweed vine.. I am new to this so I am learning the seeds still. Next time I am labeling the actual containers...

Why do you dread them? They are that bad lol?

• heavenlyfarm
    10 years ago

Lol I didn't mean to worry you so much. The area I live in tho, ever since I planted the star of yelta morning glory years back, its seeds spread and pop up all over and climb on other plants lol it's nice when it comes up and first flowers but then I see it everywhere. In gardens it shouldn't be, taking over trellises that are not for it, and then I have to try weeding it out. It depends on your area, you might not have any volunteers pop up, it all depends. but I know for sure, its not milkweed vine seeds as I have those too!! I thought it would attract caterpillars from the Monarch Butterfly but I have had only a few visitors :( ....but hey, if you love morning glories, keep growing them!! I feel like I was being discouraging and that was not my intention!
    ~michael

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions