Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Artemesia ludoviciana be grown from seeds?

Posted by w1ldflower 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 16:58

Hi all!

I pinched the top of this plant in hopes to get my own started from seed, but heck if I can find anything that looks like a seed in there. I have seen germination requirements given for this plant, so I am assuming they are in there somewhere. Could anyone direct me as to what I should be looking for? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Artemesia ludoviciana be grown from seeds?

Does the picture of the top of the plant show what it looked like when you cut it off hoping for seed? If so I'm afraid it appears to be still in flower and hasn't yet set seed.

My second question concerns the plant itself. I can't see the foliage, and in such a close up shot it's hard to see, but are you certain of the id?

It is a rhizomatous plant so division would be a fool proof method of increasing the plant, especially if yours is Valerie Finnis which may not come true from seed.

o
RE: Can Artemesia ludoviciana be grown from seeds?

deleted........ sry was in a hurry & misunderstood the original post.

This post was edited by DarkStorm on Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 0:14

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here