Return to the Seed Saving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper seeds got wet

Posted by Shelia.M 7A (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 31, 11 at 10:53

I was drying some ornamental pepper seeds on a plate, and it got tipped over and the seeds scattered everywhere. Most of them fell in an old litterpan I keep under my hanging baskets to catch dripoff. Are these seeds scrap now? Can I lay them out again to dry, or should I plant them right away since they got damp? I was hoping to gift the seeds to friends.

Thanks for any replies :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper seeds got wet

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 31, 11 at 21:01

How long were they in there? If it was a quick oops, get them out and wipe them dry, they should be fine. If they were left in there awhile, it may have damaged them. Since it won't hurt to keep them and dry them again, do it. Then germination test them using the paper towel and baggie method. Hopefully, you'll still get good germination.
Remy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Seed Saving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here