Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alms_gw

Shade Gardening Books Pacific NW?

Alms
19 years ago

Hello, I recently moved to Seattle. I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a shade gardening book that would be good for this area. I need some ideas for my very small, very shady new garden.

Thank you

Comments (2)

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    19 years ago

Your selection of shade loving plants for this area is huge. Any of the better shade gardening books will be a source of inspiration - "The Complete Shade Gardner" by George Shenck or "The Natural Shade Garden" by Ken Druse are two of my favorites. The Sunset publication "Gardening in the Pacific Northwest" is also a good choice but is not dedicated to shade gardening. Also, most of the better area nurseries will have a great selection of shade plants for this area in stock with the largest selelction in about April. Emery's Garden in Lynnwood is also offering a shade gardening weekend this spring with seminars and sales on shade plants. Not sure of the date but if you give them a call they will let you know when it is scheduled.

• brenda_near_eno
    19 years ago

"Made in the Shade" is available for a song on eBay, and it is the best - terrific organization, great plants recommendations, and even a chapter on deer. As long as it's winter and we're reading instead of gardening, check out Ken Druse's newest (I think) "Passion for Plants".

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus