Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fernsk

New dry shade bed

fernsk
16 years ago

Hello

I would like some advice on creating a dry shade garden bed. I've received permission from my Condominium board to take over an ugly area where the grass is really patchy in front of my townhouse. The area faces north and gets possibly 2 hours of sun first thing in the morning and an hour of sun in the evening - there is some reflected sun from the "courtyard" in front of this area. The bed would be in 2 parts divided by my walk [straight not changable]. The small area is 3 ft x 9 ft while the larger area would be about 15 ft x 9 ft. My plan is to make a lasagna garden this spring and plant some annuals into it - but I would like to experiment with the arrangement with different heights so that next year I could plant perennials and possibly a few bushes. Currently I have ferns, hostas, lily of the valley, bell flowers and lady's mantle planted in the 3 ft directly against my condo - I'll be expanding 6 ft to make it a 9 ft width. I want to spread some of the hostas out into the new area but thought that I would give it a year of "curing" under the lasagna garden before I move anything. Thanks for any ideas

Fern

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio