Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coleus and Dart Frogs?

Posted by reptilegardener777 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 14:42

Hi, Everyone,

I am considering setting up a dart frog terrarium, with live plants. I have some small Coleus plants that I would like to include in the tank (variegated green/purple variety). According to my research, the plant does not pose any danger to the frogs' health. However, would any of you recommend keeping Coleus in "froggy" conditions? I would only be using a small blue fluorescent tube, so light wouldn't be aggressive. The humidity has to be near 100 percent, but that does not necessarily require me to soak the soil completely (I would be spraying the surfaces of things with water, most of the time--unless the soil got too dry). It would probably be around 70-75F, inside the tank.

Any suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you very much, in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coleus and Dart Frogs?

Hi
while coleus will grow in such conditions tends to get leggy
and spindly. Since you mention the setup for dartfrogs all plantings should be around those needs. naturally . Check out the gazillion sites around the web for info. Just google "Dartfrogs " will give you several months of reading lol
Another choice is" VIvariums" Good luck with those frogs
living works of art!!! gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here