Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
large amounts of grouncover

Posted by marrilyn (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 22:06

I would like to plant a very large amount of groundcover in a very shaded area. Does anyone know of any wholesale options? Buying it by the flat at the garden center could get very pricey!

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: large amounts of grouncover

Typically you need to be in the industry or at least have a business license to buy wholesale. Often retail nurseries will cut you a good deal if you buy a single plant type in quantity - I'd check with them and see. Otherwise, you might see if there is a landscaper you know that would have wholesale access and can help you out.

o

Check out Classy Groundcovers.
They're not wholesale, but they specialize in selling large quantities of groundcover plugs.
I've had wonderful experience with them.
I've bought dwarf mondo grass and liriope which were so full that their pots were nearly bursting.
And plants arrive usually the week after ordering, which is remarkable.
Check out their website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Classy Groundcovers

o

@marrilyn--You may want to check with neighbors or on craigslist. Folks with a lot of groundcover are usually very willing to give away whatever you need if you provide the labor to remove it (in fact, you're welcome to all the English Ivy from my back yard that you want).

I've also had luck just driving around on Saturdays and finding garden items that had been "cleaned out" and left for pick-up at the street (always ask first before loading it up). This includes plant materials, shrubs, and hardscaping.

Best Wishes--Carl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here