Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cardinal Climber Vine

Posted by Think_Flowers Las Vegas NV (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 22:11

I've planted cardinal climber seeds in two locations. the first ones are in the front facing south (full sun) in hanging pots. The second batch are in the backyard in front of a trellised window, facing east (in-direct sun) due to shading from neighbors house. The flowers in the hanging pots have become 1/2 inch seedlings are seem to be doing well. I will await 5 days to see if my backyard seeds have germinated. I also allowed them to soak overnight.

in the same row I have some sweet peas sown. I am thinking it is warming up to fast for them. I hear they don't mature fast enough in spring sowing to beat the heat. It is already reaching the 90's. But we shall see...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cardinal Climber Vine

I think this vine needs sun.

o
RE: Cardinal Climber Vine

I grew cardinal creepers in SE TX ... morning sun until @10 then shade... it grew like weeds... and covered in blooms!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here