Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shopping source

Posted by roshani 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 17:26

Hi
I am new to gardening and have a city shade garden. Whats the best place to buy shade-loving plants? I find the websites have much more variety than Home Depot and local nurseries, but dont know if I can trust the internet plants to grow once they get here!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shopping source

You can check internet nurseries at garden watchdog. Reputable nurseries that I use include Bluestone, Roslyn Nursery, Fairweather gardens, Rare Find Nursery, Seneca Hills Perennials, Sunlight Gardens, Prairie Nursery, High Country Gardens. BTW, it's probably too late to order for this spring from many nurseries.

o

Thank you so much for that info. I'll check garden watchdog. So far I have used Michigan bulb and Springhill nursery with mixed results.

o

roshani, Michigan bulb and Springhill are probably two of the worst mail order nurseries in America. You will find a HUGE difference between them and the ones I mentioned in every way imaginable, including price in some cases. Several I mentioned send large plants, and the cost of the plants and shipping is considerable, but really worth it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here