Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
echoes_or

Shade question / Help

echoes_or
17 years ago

I'm in zone 3 and not sure if elevation makes any difference except with extreme heat differences night to day. But I'm at 4600 feet so my temps can flucuate anywhere between 40-60 degrees during the summer months.. I have an area along my garage that doesn't get much if any sun - if any very weak sun - no heat. It's on the north side and is the last place to thaw in the spring. The eastern edge is more dry soil while the western half of the bed is moist. I have planted bleeding hearts and they lasted a couple of years but at this point are gone. Lung Wort is fine, Columbines do good, I planted a couple of Lady Ferns and so far they are not showing this year. Sweet Woodruff grows very well ie to well.. HAHA

I want plants that bloom throughout the summer time and I really don't want just annuals because that brings out my cheap side.. Plant once for ongoing blooms etc...

Any ideas on what I can add here, got one Hosta that I'm going to try out but after the Columbines I just have greenery and no blooms.

Help and thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks