Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desperationfalls

fantastic sale!! at wayside gardens right now

desperationfalls
19 years ago

OK--I AM making a nuisance out of myself--but a

Japanese Maple normally at $50 selling for $12??

Prairie Blue Eyes Daylily at $2.50??

Go FAST and check these out!

UNbelievable.

I'm posting on many forums to get as many GW members

as possible

Comments (7)

• madmouser
    19 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I ordered several things from them. They had Minnie Pearl daylily on sale and I've wanted that for some time. Got a couple of shade plants including a Big Daddy Hydrangea. I'm interested in seeing how big that really gets. They have such nice plants but are usually so pricey I don't dare experiment with them.

• jiggreen
    19 years ago

wow!! thank you for the tip, i dashed over as fast as i could type wayside gardens in my browser bar!!! great deals over there, 75% off!!! i take back the solemn vow i made earlier this week to not buy anymore plants until fall..........

• Georgiarose
    19 years ago

You won't have any competition from me in ordering their 'bargains'. I placed my LAST order with them about 5 years ago. Sour grapes? maybe, but I still get mad when I think about the size and condition of the very expensive plants they sent and the rude treatment I received when I complained.

• desperationfalls
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Got the first order 4 days after Iordered it (5/31/04)
    Everything looks great! Iceberg tree Rose looks totally
    solid. Geraniums look great and the Night Before Xmas
    Hosta is ready to go into the ground!

Will let you know how they all fare.

• tialisa
    19 years ago

hmmm, the last two years worth of orders from Wayside have
    not been worth it. Last fall's shipment took 14 days to arrive, dry as bone, and I got the standard "oh, they're just dormant" speech. This spring, I called them twice and they kept telling me to wait another week and by the time they were willing to send me replacements, they were ALL out of stock. 18 plants and they could replace only 1.

Yeah, I got my money back, but they had that money for
    8 months and I got a lot of frustration.

• desperationfalls
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Well folks, sale is over--hope everything grows.
    Stuff looks great in the ground. (For all of you
    carpers about WG, I've gotten poorly packaged, non-growing
    stuff from White Flower Farms as well as Jackson Perkins.
    I suppose that many mail order plant firms fall down on the
    job.)

• hardrockkid
    19 years ago

I ordered from the sale, my first purchase from Wayside. Not enthusiastic about what I received... ordering perennials in June, I never expected to get a completely dormant bunch of dry, bare roots.

Even a dwarf dogwood arrived without a trace of leaf. It's a stick with bare roots! How did they manage to keep that dormant but still alive at this time of year?

Prices were certainly great. Packaging OK. But I think in the future I'll stick with folks I've from whom I've gotten better (like Forest Farm -- A1!)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA