Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
standbyq13_gw

Hardy Geraniums

standbyq13
17 years ago

This is my first year gardening and we are basically converting our entire front yard into gardens. I have a nice shade garden on the west side of the house under some very old trees. It ranges from some morning sun to dappled shade to full, but bright, shade. I was lucky enough to be gifted with 20 beautiful hostas and 3 nice ferns. I have added a Japenese painted fern, a few other varieties of hosta, 2 Palace Purple heuchera, 2 varieties of columbine, and holly bushes against the house. I've also put in bare root bleeding hearts, garden phlox, and lillies of the valley, but have seen nothing from any of them yet.

I have been doing some research looking for something that flowers to add to this mix and have become extremely intrigued with the hardy geraniums. I first saw Geranium Phaeum "Samobor," which I promptly fell in love with. Then I started looking around online and I have found many, many other geraniums that I just adore! So, my questions for all you wonderful experienced gardeners... what are your favorites? Tell me what really works and anything you haven't had luck with. If anyone has ordered these online tell me what nursery you used, if you were happy with them! I have looked up a couple of nurseries at Garden Watchdog that have large selections of geraniums. I'm so excited about these plants!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County