Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plants keep needing water

Posted by jones60 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 11, 04 at 20:44

East Coast have viburnum and Forsythia that have to be watered almost everyother day. They are located under huge trees on the street. Put the Vibernum in this year and Forsythia this year and last. Is there anything i can use to help keep them from drying out???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plants keep needing water

Mulch helps. Mixing compost when planting helps. Other than that, it means water, water, water, till they are well established. It took mine several years (doublefile vibernums) before they stopped drooping in the hot dry days of summer.

o

Mulch helps. Mixing compost when planting helps. Other than that, it means water, water, water, till they are well established. It took mine several years (doublefile vibernums) before they stopped drooping in the hot dry days of summer.

o

Are they getting really deeply soaked when you water or is it just a quick sip at the surface? Less frequent deep soakings are much more effective and beneficial.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here