Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alternative for Drift Roses?

Posted by trclac 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 22:54

I love drift roses, which are essentially dwarf, bushy plants that bloom nicely (dwarf knockout roses). However, I placed several around two oak trees in the front, and they are losing blooms and not doing well. I'm told the reason is that there is too much shade under the oaks, and drift roses need full sun. My other drift roses in full sun are doing very well.

So my question -- does anyone know of anything bushy and blooming like drift roses (also small in height) that do well in partial to mostly shade? My wife likes coral or purple blooms.

Note I live in Houston, Texas.

Really appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here