Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hejerry

Suggestions To Hide Pasture Fence In Shade

hejerry
13 years ago

I'm trying to create a tropical garden in a dappled shade area on the north side of our house in Central Florida. The area is 25 feet wide between our house and a pasture fence that runs parallel to the house. It's also the area where we have our wild bird feeding station. I'd like some sort of relatively fast growing perennial(s) or vine(s) that will hide the pasture fence in between our house and our neighbors'. The area is under two live oak trees so whatever I put there won't get much if any direct sunlight. The soil is Florida sand and drains well and I'll be watering parts of it where tropical plants are planted while other parts might not get regular watering. If possible, I'd also like something that produces berries for the wild birds and/or nectar for butterflies and hummingbirds. I don't want to keep it neat and trimmed but I don't want it to grow much higher than six feet or so either. Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated. Here are some pictures of the area that provide an idea of what I'm working with.

Here's what we see when we look out our bird watching window.

{{gwi:1255975}}

{{gwi:1255975}}{{gwi:1255975}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored