Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nwilliamson25

Advice/Suggestions for front of house

nwilliamson25
9 years ago

Hello all. I have been searching the internet and this site for weeks/months trying to find appropriate shrubs/flowers to plant in front of our house. I finally decided to post a message to see if I could get some feedback.

As you can see the area is directly in front of our home and receives minimal sun (approx 2-3 hours a day). I ripped out some overgrown yews that had been trimmed into box shapes by the previous owner. I plan on doing the same with the small tree still standing the in picture, just wanting to start fresh. I was thinking of replacing it with a Quick Fire Hydrangea (paniculata 'bulk') since that area gets a good amount of sun.

I went to a pretty large nursery (Gertens) and had someone help me pick some shrubs out. They had suggested Spirea- Magic Carpet (which my wife and I liked), would that work in this area?

Some other ideas we found were: Green Gem Boxwood, another Hydrangea to cover the water meter, Kelsay Dogwood, White Cedar (Thuja occidentalis 'Bobazam').

Sorry for the length, just wanted to be detailed! And we are in zone 4. Thanks for the help!

This post was edited by NWilliamson25 on Wed, Oct 22, 14 at 12:16

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor