Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to order annual flower seeds?

Posted by Patsi z7nj (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 14, 04 at 17:08

Already thinking about getting started for my sowing indoors this March. But I haven't yet seen a seed site that separates sun from shade. It would make life easier. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to order annual flower seeds?

I hope you have found what you needed by now. It seems to me that the description of the plant would include some sun/shade designation.

o

Try the Thompson and Morgan online catalog. www.thompson-morgan.com.

o

I have ordered many times from Thompson and Morgan and find they have good descriptions in the catalog of whether sun or shade though perhaps you meant they would have the seeds listed together as shade lovers versus sun? Mary

o

try parkseed.com. Online they seperate sun from shade. (you can click seeds, and then annuals for shade. that will give you a list of all their shade and partial shade annual seeds).

Also, harrisseeds are good.

Any particular you are thinking off ?
Impatiens, salvia splendens, and coleus are all good.
Also, try tuberous begonias (you can grow from tubers or seed), and caladium. Callas are also very good for this purpose in light shade.

o

Would be happy with ANY flowers that can tolerate 2 hours of sun or less.

Thanks for any help.
Patsi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Shade Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here