Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvdaytimeactivities

Recommend Shade Berries & Fruits: SoCal Coast?

What berries or other fruits would you recommend that will not just ~survive~, but will produce a good amount of fruit in my situation?: I have 2 east facing balconies to grow things in containers that get direct light from early morn til around 10:45am, then indirect light for rest of day( less I imagine in winter). Plus there are areas of the balcony that can be used that have almost entirely shade with part of plant being exposed to a tiny bit of early morning light. This is on the border of Santa Monica and West LA, less than 3 miles from the coast.

My desire is to grow Thimbleberry, Blackberry, Golden Kiwi, and a Rose with a very fragrant strong and maybe refreshing flavor(not a delicate faint flavor; & I'm more drawn to the large petaled rose than the tiny coral-pink ones that are traditionally used for cooking). I wouldn't mind also growing Strawberry and Raspberry if there is room or if they are more appropriate. I've had conflicting responses on the viability of these plants in my situation; so would both love feedback on them, as well as suggestions of other plants, including rare ones I haven't heard of.

Thank you so much!

~Diana(310)936-3150

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery