Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

Was someone looking for a small yard water feature?

alison
18 years ago

There's a really cool house in my neighborhood that looks like it should be someone's summer place in the Michigan woods, rather than a inner city house right on the street. They've done a wonderful job with the whole property (which is probably 25'x75') There's less than three feet between the north side and the alley, and it's always filled with annuals and perennials. The he11strip in front has a weeping pussy willow and several shrubs, bulbs and herbs.

But the coolest part is the way they give it a sense of seclusion. (Looks a little ragged, I know, but this just sets the stage.)

{{gwi:1257100}}

When you walk past there's always the soothing sound of running water. When you peek thru the bushes, there's a nice deep screened in front porch, and a stream running the depth of the porch. there's a little windchime, and one of those solar lights that provides a little bit of light, like weak moonlight, till pretty late in the evening.

{{gwi:1257102}}

Sorry the picture isn't very distinct, but I wanted to pass along this idea; a great way to get a soothing water feature in a very tiny space!

Comments (2)

Sponsored