Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some of my favorite urban gardens...

Posted by alison 5/OH (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 20, 10 at 15:18

One of the only reasons I got a cell phone was to have a camera to take pictures of pretty things I see on my daily walks. I thought I'd start this thread to share some of the pretty gardens I see. Feel free to post some of your favorites, too!

I thought I'd start with a bit of the garden we've put in at work. Right now we have lilacs, irises and perennial alyssum blooming. Watching the birdbath is always a great way to waste time!

I came across this pretty little side garden right downtown a few weeks ago. Only about 15 feet wide, but crammed with dogwoods and azaleas. Gorgeous on a cool, overcast day.

Across the street is the Deaf School Topiary park, with it's enormous recreation of Seurat's painting Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. It's really cool to be able to "get inside the painting" and walk around it, getting different perspectives.

And this is simply my neighbor's front yard. What looks like a mass of green behind the phlox is all sorts of flowers that reveal themselves over the course of the summer. It's really spectacular in a teeny space!

More as the spring goes on!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some of my favorite urban gardens...

I'm glad you started this thread! It's always inspirational to see what people grow and how they design their small spaces. Those are lovely pics.

o

For some reason my little cell phone camera is taking blurry pictures, but I did get one nice one this week. Talk about making a virture of necessity.... the "planter" covers a utility box.

o

Another great garden I saw on my morning walk -- while my new neighborhood is not as chock-a-block with great gardens as my old -- there are some definite gems.

I'll be watching this one thru the seasons!

o

Thanks, Alison, for posting these. I was just going to start a thread (in one of the forums, I'm not sure which would be most appropriate) because I wanted to see garden spaces with all the plants relatively low to the ground. And lo and behold, here are some beautiful ones! (Though not all of these are using shorter plants.) Please keep the beautiful photos coming!

o

These are beautiful!!! More, please!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here