Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shesaysgo

guerrilla gardening [w/ permission]

shesaysgo
16 years ago

I've gotten permission from the railroad workers to plant whatever I want [as long as they don't have to do anything to it, it's not too close to the tracks] in the tract of land under the overpass/next to the tracks. It's a rather large plot- 100, 300 ish feet from the tracks to the start of the overpass. The land's decent; it hasn't been worked, but it's free of debris, some medium-sized trees, wild brambles and stuff.

I can't wait to get started. Making such "wild" land beautiful again is such a great, inspiring challenge to me. I don't want to plant anything really high-maintanance. I'd really love to just start stuff and come back every once in a while to make sure it's ohkay- hardy perrenials and all that. I'm leaving for college next year, so I don't want to plant anything anyone else would have to really look after. However, I'm not really sure what I should plant there, since my garden has such rich compost that basically anything will grow there. I live in the Hampton Roads region of VA [mid-atlantic].

And ideas?

Comments (6)