Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Third-Floor Windowbox Climbers

Posted by laughsinflowers 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 07 at 11:38

I am determined to train morning glories up the ugly bars on my third floor window in the city. But because of the unfortunate height and the positioning of my building, they are taking a lot of wind, which is snapping many of the vines off before they are tall enough to get a good hold of the bars. Any suggestions for supporting them at this early stage?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Update!

Never mind!

They finally got a grip and have taken off like weeds! I gave them a little boost with some thread, which they don't even seem to need now. My, they grow fast!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here