Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rooftop Greenhouse / Terrarium

Posted by chillmark (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 16:12

Hi! I live in a rowhouse in Baltimore and I'd like to get a small garden started with herbs and whatnot. I have little room in my backyard and it doesn't get much sunlight anyway. My thought was to configure something small that I could build onto the rail of my rooftop deck...like a teeny greenhouse. I need something more structural than just pots because the winds can get pretty rough here. But the heat and sun on the deck should be great.

Any ideas on designs for something like this? I'm a noobie gardener so use little words and speak slow...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rooftop Greenhouse / Terrarium

I live in Cleveland in an apartment so I have no green space. I am using containers and it is working great. First figure out what you want to grow. Keep it small at first because you don't want to overwhelm yourself and you can always expand. Next get a few pots that are deep enough for want you want to grow. Peppers are easy to grow for a newbie. Also get some books that helped me alot, if you have any more questions I can try to answer them. You can check out my garden at, www.thepepperproject.blogspot.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here