Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My urban garden, season one.

Posted by howelbama none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 21:27

Here are some pictures of my urban garden. This is it's first season, and is sure to evolve.

I am growing some peppers, tomatoes, watermelons, muskmelons, strawberries, and various perrenial and annual ornamental plants.

Some are in containers, and some in the ground. Everything is drip or micro spray irrigated and can be controlled manually or automatically.

Enjoy the photos, and I look forward to any comments or feedback.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My urban garden, season one.

That is a nice looking garden, I see you use some hydroponics stuff. I was wondering if i could rig something up like that. I look forward to results!

o

IgardenerA, yes I did use some hydro stuff, and everything is on drip/micro irrigation from mr landscaper brand so I don't have to worry much when I'm working and can't be around to water. Here is a link to my photo bucket account for more pics. I'll try to post more throughout the season.

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden

o

Looks lovely! I like how you've used the bamboo fencing, too -- very clever!

o

Nice. I love the reed mat walkway and the way you used it to disguise the one container.

o
RE: My urban garden, season one

I applaud the way you've mixed flowers-only plants with edibles. You've got a potager garden and the plants look great. I think it's more attractive to pollinators that way, too, so the harvest is heavier. Love what you have done and another compliment for your use of the bamboo stuff! Is it sold as a walkway or fencing? Do you mind sharing where you got it? It looks like you could put a thin layer of newspaper under that to keep the grass down. By thin, I would say 2-3 sheets because I think that would be sufficient and you wouldn't want a thicker layer holding moisture against the bamboo. It also looks like you can run the tire of your mower along it to have a trim-free edge. I have a spot in mind where I'd like to try that. So glad I looked at your pics. Thanks for sharing them.

Does the bama in your name mean you're in AL? The "8b AL" next to my name means I'm in zone 8b in Alabama. If you're interested, you can find your zone here and if you include it in your profile info, it will show up next to your name automatically when you say something on these forums. (When the forums aren't having a crazy moment like they sometimes do.) You can include the 2-letter for your state or not, up to you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Small Spaces And Urban Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here